Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Company Importer/Exporter, Authorized Representative, and Individual Importer/Exporter registration accounts?
- Company Importer/Exporter accounts are for company importer/exporter which may assign authorized representatives.
- Authorized Representative accounts are for customs brokers and other entities authorized by a Company Importer/Exporter to act on their behalf.
- Individual Importer/Exporter are for individual persons, not representing a company nor a brokerage.
Why is there a need to review the applicant’s credentials before an OTP is given? What are the requirements for approval?
- For company account registration, the need for review is mostly based on the instances when the same companies apply for multiple/various applications.
Why do Company Importer/Exporter accounts have stricter evaluation than Individual Importer/Exporter accounts?
- A company account can be shared by different departments of the same company, thus stricter measures is necessary in preventing fraudulent/duplicate accounts.
On the process of downloading and re-uploading the application form for signature, does it mean the applicant has to print the form, sign it, and then scan the document and upload it again? Or can the applicant just use e-signature?
- The applicant may affix either a printed signature or e-signature in the downloaded form and re-upload the signed form.
How are samples submitted?
- The procedure for submission of samples is the same process as the current practice – samples will be submitted in the Tariff Commission office address either via courier or personal delivery.
Can we do away with the signature and download-reuploading of the TC Form 1? Just like with the other online applications of SSS and DFA Passport?
- This can be considered and addressed in the next rounds of system evaluation, but for now, the TCIS-OAS is currently following the manual application process where the TC Form 1 requires the applicant’s signature.
Will the 25MB file size be enough for applications with large attachments?
- 25MB is the largest file size that the system can accommodate without overloading. PDF formats can store large volumes of data. The file size of a 100-page document is usually 5MB. In case of other file formats exceeding the size limit, users would have to compress the file.
Why is there no prompt for payment in the process?
- The registration process only covers until the approval of the application. Payment instructions are sent after approval of the application, together with the acceptance letter.
Is there a prompt for information that is required to be filled out?
- Yes, required fields are formatted as such.